Permanent Cosmetic Aftercare
Proper care following your procedure is necessary to achieve the best results. Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the touch-up visit. Please review the following directions and refer to them as necessary. If during your healing process you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rod.
- Ice packs protected with a cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling. Sleeping slightly elevated helps alleviate swelling sometimes seen the morning after facial procedures.
- Wash your hands before touching any treated area. Cotton-tipped applicators may be used to gently cleanse the eye area. Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions. Wearing glasses outdoors is a good way to protect new eyeliner from dust, etc.
- Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR SCRATCH the area or your color may heal unevenly and you risk scaring and infection.
- No makeup is to be applied for 72 hours after the procedure. After any eyeliner procedure, use new mascara. Do not use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks.
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, hot tubs (tub baths if body area is treated), saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams, ointments, or lotions other than what you have been instructed to use for 2 weeks following your procedure.
- After a lip procedure, keep your lips moist at all times. Avoid spicy, salty food or heat. If using herpes medication, continue as prescribed.
Long Term Care
- Use a good sunscreen daily, even the lips require protection. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics and may cause irritation even years later.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI, or other medical procedure, please inform your physician of your cosmetic tattoo.
- If you donate blood, it is a Red Cross policy that you must wait one year after any tattooing procedure.
We are not physicians: Any suggestions we make are based upon our experience and on that of other Professionals in the industry.